East to West Yoga, Pilates and Barre is both a studio and fully accredited teacher training school.
For studio information click link above.
For teacher training info click link above and choose ‘overview’ in drop down menu or ‘certifications’ and click the certification of your choice.
We are primarily a teacher training school. Our programs are offered at many locations across Canada by several course leaders. We offer group bookings as well so contact us for rates if you want to host a course at your facility.
We have been offering teacher training since 1994 and aim to keep our certifications affordable. Every weekend course is $250 plus HST or $282.50 and includes a course manual. There are no hidden fees and if you cannot attend a course that you have paid for, for any reason, you will be given either a refund minus a $50 administration fee or a full course credit towards any future weekend course. Maintaining your certification is simple and affordable, click the ‘Recertification’ tab to the right for more information. We also offer a very affordable group insurance policy for certified graduates, for more information click the ‘liability insurance’ tab to the right. We do our best to support and encourage in our graduates the development of a professional Yoga, Pilates and/or Barre teaching career.
We are registered with the Yoga Alliance and recognized by Fitness certifying organizations across Canada for continuing educating credits (CEC’s) for Fitness Professionals as well as for CEU’s with the CMTO for Massage Therapists. We have also trained many health professionals, such as Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Social Workers, Psychotherapist and Physiotherapists who want to integrate Yoga or Pilates into their work. Our courses are user friendly, comprehensive, highly researched and conducted in an interactive manner to create a sense of community within the group.
The course curriculum was created by Susie Dias who has been teaching Yoga and Pilates since 1988 and recently created the Barre Exercise certification based on years of Dance training and professional experience.
East to West Yoga and Pilates, Executive Director, Susie Dias Bio
- Yoga Alliance, Registered Yoga Teacher, E-RYT500-hour level
- FOYT Certified Yoga Teacher, FOYT-C
- Studying Yoga since 1984, in North America and India, teaching Yoga since 1988, conducting Yoga Teacher Training since 1994, and author of over 45 Yoga Teacher Training manuals
- York University: BA, Dance Movement Therapy, 1988; BA, Psychology, 1997
- Personally trained by Moira Merrithew, STOTT PILATES, 1989/1992, personally trained and certified in Pilates Mat by Kelly McKinnon, Corpus Pilates, Belgium, 2004
- Produced and Hosted Yoga TV Series for MacLean Hunter Cable, 1995; Balanced Yoga DVD, 2003; Pilates Mat Workout DVD, 2006; and many other yoga and pilates teacher training DVDs