East to West Yoga and Pilates is both a studio and teacher training school, and is registered with the Yoga Alliance. We offer OFC, BCRPA, AFLCA, MFC and Yoga Alliance accredited Yoga and Pilates Mat teacher training programs across Canada and you can petition for CANFIT cec’s. Our home base is located in the West End of Toronto. For studio information click the Studio link above.
Our yoga teacher training programming focuses on: integrating ancient wisdom and modern science in the practice of Hatha and Vinyasa yoga and following the work of Joseph Pilates with our classically based pilates mat program.For information about our yoga or pilates teacher training certifications and courses click the Teacher Training link above.
Graduates of any of our yoga or pilates teacher training programs are given a student account username and password to access their student account. Many of our courses are accredited for professional continuing education (CEC’s, CEU’s, etc.) and we offer documentation for petitioning with your certification organization as we meet standard requirements.
East to West Yoga and Pilates, Executive Director, Susie Dias Bio
- Yoga Alliance, Registered Yoga Teacher, E-RYT500-hour level
- FOYT Certified Yoga Teacher, FOYT-C
- Studying Yoga since 1984, in North America and India, teaching Yoga since 1988, conducting Yoga Teacher Training since 1994, and author of over 45 Yoga Teacher Training manuals
- York University: BA, Dance Movement Therapy, 1988; BA, Psychology, 1997
- Personally trained by Moira Merrithew, STOTT PILATES, 1989/1992, personally trained and certified in Pilates Mat by Kelly McKinnon, Corpus Pilates, Belgium, 2004
- Produced and Hosted Yoga TV Series for MacLean Hunter Cable, 1995; Balanced Yoga DVD, 2003; Pilates Mat Workout DVD, 2006; and many other yoga and pilates teacher training DVDs