East to West Yoga and Pilates is both a studio and teacher training school, and is registered with the Yoga Alliance as an approved Yoga School. We are also accredited by the OFC, BCRPA, AFLCA, MFC and CMTO. We have been offereing teacher training programs across Canada since 1994. You can also petition to CANFIT and other certification organizations for cec’s as our programs meet standard requirements.
Our home base is located in West End Toronto. For studio information click the Studio link above.
Our Yoga teacher training program focuses on: integrating ancient wisdom and modern science in the practice of Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga. Our classical Pilates Mat program follows the work of Joseph Pilates’ original mat program which he called ‘contrology’. For information about our Yoga or Pilates teacher training click the Teacher Training link above.
East to West Yoga and Pilates, Executive Director, Susie Dias Bio
- Yoga Alliance, Registered Yoga Teacher, E-RYT500-hour level
- FOYT Certified Yoga Teacher, FOYT-C
- Studying Yoga since 1984, in North America and India, teaching Yoga since 1988, conducting Yoga Teacher Training since 1994, and author of over 45 Yoga Teacher Training manuals
- York University: BA, Dance Movement Therapy, 1988; BA, Psychology, 1997
- Personally trained by Moira Merrithew, STOTT PILATES, 1989/1992, personally trained and certified in Pilates Mat by Kelly McKinnon, Corpus Pilates, Belgium, 2004
- Produced and Hosted Yoga TV Series for MacLean Hunter Cable, 1995; Balanced Yoga DVD, 2003; Pilates Mat Workout DVD, 2006; and many other yoga and pilates teacher training DVDs